When you need decorative rope, Brace Twine can supply everything from manila ropes to special decorative polypropylene ropes. We recommend 3-strand twisted rope for decorative purposes.
Characteristics of Decorative Ropes
|Natural Fiber Manila Rope
- The original decorative rope
- Low stretch when wet
- Will shrink
- Holds knots well
- Resistant to UV rays
- Absorbs water
- Ends can be whipped, urethane coated, taped or wired
- Very low stretch under normal circumstances
- Does not shrink or harden
- Stays flexible
- Ends should be heat sealed
Decorative Polypropylene Manila Color
|Advantages of Manila Rope
||Advantages of Polypropylene Rope - Mania Color
- Low Elongation - Compared to synthetic fibers, Manila rope provides low elongation at suggested maximum working loads and sustained loads.
- Natural Fibers - Manila Rope is made from the fibers of the abaca plant. This vegetable fiver requires care to prevent decomposition or loss of strength. The fibers will absorb water and unless properly dried will rot and mildew.
- Splicing Construction - Manila Rope is able to be spliced
- Color - Natural Light Brown. Will darken with age
- Flexibility - Manila Rope makes secure knots
- Construction - Available in 3 strand medium lay coils and cut lengths.
- Resistance to Sunlight - Polypropylene Rope contains additives to resist deterioration from ultraviolet rays.
- Made in the U.S.A. - Polypropylene Rope is made in the U.S.A. from raw materials produced in the U.S.A. Supply is not affected by weather or world trade.
- Natural Color - Natural manila like color. Can be used for decorative purposes without staining.
- Strength - 50% stronger than manila rope
- Long Life - Resistant to oils, grease, gasoline, marine growth, rot, mildew and most chemicals. Lasts as much as 3 times longer than manila rope. It is waterproof and floats. It may be stored wet without damage.
- Safety - Polypropylene is non-conductive. Safe to use around electrical wires
- Splicing - Polypropylene Rope is able to be spliced.
- Color - Comes in Manila color
- Construction - Available in 3 strand medium lay and cut lengths.
|Decorative Rope Usages
||Rope Diameter for Various Applications
- Pool, dock, deck and borders
- Fence borders
- Room decoration
- Log chinking
- Pedestrian control
- Safety control
- Specialty projects
- 4" x 4" Post - 1" to 1 1/4"
- 6" x 6" Post - 1 1/4" to 1 1/2"
- Telephone Pole - 1 1/2" to 2"
Our decorative ropes are sold in 50' increments with special price breaks at 600' full coils. Rope in stock for immediate shipment.
Contact Brace Twine with your decorative rope requirements. We will find the best roping for your needs.
website design and hosted by Spectrum Net Designs, Inc